Monday, April 26, 2010

Bee-sy weekend

Friday I went to pick up my bees. So now it was time to transfer them into their new hives.

Putting my bees in their hive

Adding a little smoke to calm them down a bit, you don't want angry bees...

Putting my bees in their hive


Adding the frames, taking extra care not to crush anyone (especially the queens)


Putting my bees in their hive

Putting my bees in their hive

With one more frame to go, it was a tight squeeze.

Putting my bees in their hive

Making sure the hives are lined up nice and straight.

Putting my bees in their hive


Everyone's in their new homes and not one sting (but it's just a matter of time)
It's like making beads, you play with fire you're going to get burned (which I have been many times before)

Busy bees


beekeeping 219 (650 x 460)


beekeeping 197 (650 x 670)


beekeeping 212 (600 x 401)

And busy little bees they were...bringing back lots of pollen.

As for beads...
This is the last week for the Design of the Month beads. Starting today I'll be posting the exact time each day that the beads will be posted. To find out what time that will be, just look at the top of my Etsy store.
xo