Monday, June 15, 2009

Good fences make good neighbors

I like "most" of my neighbors...
In fact my next door neighbor is also my dentist, who is pain-free I might add, a must when it comes to dentists, right? So I really like him.
But I'm not as fond of my neighbors who live life on the wild side...
You know the ones who stop by your house and have wild pool parties when they are not even invited. Or the ones who think nothing of tipping over your trash cans, just for a good laugh.
Who needs neighbors like that anyway...
So after all these years, we've decided it was time to put a fence around part of our property...

So this weekend we dug 40 post holes (we rented a post hole digger)

Then we started to put up the panels...

We now have 85 feet of pretty fencing...220 feet to go!
Then we'll line the fence with wire, to keep Molly in and everyone else out.
Then I'll place a little sign that reads:

Dear Mr. Raccoon, Mrs. Possum and Miss. Coyote We regret that your presence are no longer welcome at your house... We are sorry, The Grimes Family
ox