Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful


I'm thankful I now have a fence around part of our property. Otherwise this guy would have wandered in...eaten my blooming roses, after he most likely would have taken a little nap on my shady lawn (after eating some of that too of course)


I'm sure the deer is thankful too, that I am not a hunter...deer season started last weekend (bow & arrow) And yes, it is legal to hunt on your own property (which he was)



But, than later in the day I looked out my studio window and saw them eating all my plants in the front yard and for a moment (a short moment) I thought about buying that bow & arrow.


But, then I came to my senses and remembered why we moved here...one reason was the deer. I know! But when you grow up in the city you very rarely see deer, let alone in your front yard.

So I'm thankful I have a little fenced area of my own...