Monday, October 5, 2009

B-Day Getaway

coast2 016 (550 x 413)

Somebody "kidnapped" me for a little b-day getaway to the beach (my favorite place) It was a fun filled few days of trying some new things. Like Brown Butter Cookies, which I think are one of the best cookies I've ever had. They are a dense shortbread cookie made with browned butter and topped with sea salt, so rich and tasty (thanks Gwen for telling me about them)
Then when I saw a write-up last month in the Sunset magazine about Ruddell's Smokehouse and their fish tacos and how he drove 2-hours out of his way just to have one, I knew we had to try them. We tried two kinds, the smoked salmon and the smoked pork loin, both were very good! (and I don't even like fish) And yes, I think I'd too drive 2-hours out of my way to have them also!
Last but not least, we tried The Sea Chest Restaurant one night. We both had the lobster, which was wonderful and the sunset view was bad either...
Today it's back to reality...
While we were away, Fall arrived. It is chilly this morning...40 degrees, ok chilly for me. And it will be warming up to a balmy 70 today, but I think it's time for a little Halloween decorating today, did I mention I love Fall?
As far as beads go, it looks like I'll be pretty busy with making Designs of the Month for the rest of this week. Plus couple of you have asked when I'll be adding the Fairy Doors to my site. It will be this week. I just need to take pictures of them.
xo