Thursday, September 10, 2009

Silver, the new gold?

Yesterday I received an interesting email about the price of silver. Silver prices are at the highest I've ever seen them! Although I LOVE the way sterling looks, I'm wondering if it's worth the price? For example, a small sheet of copper costs me $11, now for that same size sheet/same gauge in sterling silver, it costs me over $300. Is it worth it? I'm not sure...I sure do love the look of sterling silver though and even better when it has a patina finish...
xo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,
Wow! I had no idea sterling was so expensive! But I'm with you, I must have my silver!
P.S. I'm so happy I was able to order my jack pendant.
Thanks, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I haven't bought silver in a while. Now I'm hoping I won't have to for some time! I've been playing with copper a bit.

Jenn Kelly

Maria said...

Hi Lisa!
Yours is going out in the mail this morning!
Thanks, Maria

Maria said...

Hi Jenn!
I just bought some brass. I like the way it looks and it's about the same cost as copper.
What are you doing with the copper?
Charms?
Can't wait to see...
Maria

Anonymous said...

Huge difference, isn't it? Fortunately for me... I LOVE COPPER. I would love to see some of your designs in copper. Hint. :-)

Hope all is well with your father.

Karen said...

Wow, I haven't bought it in some now but sheesh! It has gon up A LOT! I was just thinking about buying some a week ago and now I'm reconsidering if I just wait to see if it goes back down at all.