Monday, April 6, 2009

Finders Keepers


I've been looking for a buffet/server for the kitchen for awhile now. Everything I found was either too big, too small, too tall, too short...


I finally found one last weekend at a antique show. The funny part is it's not even a buffet! It's a 1920's dresser.

But I knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it. It was a steal of a deal too...it was marked down 50% which was a great price, but I thought what the heck...and asked the nice lady "would you take any less?"
She said, sure and knocked off $25 more...it never hurts to ask, so I took Kurt out to lunch, my treat of course...

The top is birdseye maple too (also the top drawer)

Love it's curvy shape

The (white) knobs are not original, so I'll have to change those...plus it's missing the casters, but I can get those online.
On the bead front,
I was hoping to put some beads up this week...
But last week I was busy making Cupcake Fairies, so nothing new was made (sorry)
But, I will try and have something new soon!
Are you guys still interested in Springy things? Or are you thinking Summer now? Maybe you are still in the Winter mood (but I doubt it!)
Just let me know...
Hope you had a nice weekend too!
ox