Monday, March 16, 2009

When did that happen?

Anthony sent me this picture of his office. I'm not sure when it happened...he was never this neat and organized when he lived at home. He has now inspired me to do some Spring cleaning of my own office.

I haven't made homemade bread in years, ever since I had one of those bread machines. You know the ones you throw in the ingredients, turn it on and walk away. Then in 3 or so hours you had warm homemade bread. I had a love/hate relationship with that machine, my taste buds loved it, but my thighs hated it.
Yesterday I was in the mood for homemade bread and because that bread machine is long gone...it was up to me and my Kitchen Aid mixer.
I found this recipe, which was very easy and it turned out really tasty too. There's nothing better than warm bread with a little butter.

While I was waiting for the bread to rise and bake, I played in the studio for a few hours. So I'm off to unload the kiln. But first I'm going to toast a thick slice of bread with homemade blackberry jam from the berries I picked last year from my friend, Donna's Berry Farm. If you are local, Donna has a U-pick farm, she grows the best raspberries and thornless blackberries, tomatoes and her sunflowers are to die for!
Have a great Monday...