Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday!

(Dad holding me, my sister Pam in back ground)
Happy Birthday Dad!

This weekend we headed to Santa Barbara to celebrate my dad's birthday. He loves pecan pie, but never gets one as a whole pie is too much for one person (not for me) So I made him single serving size pies and vacuum sealed them with my new favorite find, Reynolds Handi-Vac. I saw it at my grocer store (on sale for $5 plus it came with a couple bags) so I thought I'd give it a try....LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

I vacuumed sealed the left over pecans...

Yes, I also made extra pie dough and vacuumed sealed that too...







After I froze the pies, I then vacuumed sealed them, did I mention I love to vac-seal? Fun!

I'm ready to make a trip to Costco, just so I can buy things to vacuumed seal...
Have a fun Monday!
ox