Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I NEED HELP!

I am in need of some help/advise...
I live in somewhat of rural area with plenty of wildlife from, squirrels (ground & tree) deer, coyote, bobcat, wild turkeys, mountain loin, bears and RACCOONS! We have managed to coexist amongst them without too many problems. I have resigned that I must share my rose buds with the deer, live with the squirrel holes in my yard, clean the poop from the walk ways when the wild turkeys pass through, pick up the trash after the bears over turn the trash cans, bringing our neighbors cat into our garage every night so the coyotes don't find her, not walking far from home once it gets dark (you wouldn't want to come face to face with a mountain lion)
BUT, we are having some problems with the raccoons lately! It looks like a mom with 2 of her kids, they are not babies, but adolescent (so they are trouble makers) lol
I can usually tell when they have visited us. In the morning, there will be muddy foot prints (which are really cute) on the walk ways and the flowers bed boarders are dug up from them looking for worms and such.

But the last few nights they have started to dig up our grass. I found a 2ft. patch drug up the other night. So yesterday I set up the scare-crow, thinking that would do it. But last night (2am) we were woke up to them playing on the grass with the scare-crow going crazy...they loved the water! We are ready for them to move on, but I'm not sure how I can help them along? Any advise?