Friday, November 11, 2011

TGIF

soup 005 (500 x 333)

It's a good day for dad's veggie soup...
I actually make this soup all the time. But I have made a few changes along the way. I now make it in a crock pot, because it's so easy and I love the way it makes the house smell...
If you'd like the original  recipe it's here.

Vegetable Beef Soup
2 medium Zucchini (cubed)
 2 medium carrots sliced 1/4 inch thick (I used a small bag of mini carrots)
10 white button mushrooms, sliced
2 stalks celery sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 large russet potato-peeled and cubed
2 onion-sliced
1 lb. Beef (cut in cubes)
1/2 lb green beans cut in half diagonally
4 cups vegetable broth
3 cups canned crushed tomatoes -drained
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp chopped garlic (I love garlic)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp dried
1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano or 2 tsp dried
Add ground pepper to taste 

Saute' the beef in a pan with a little oil over high heat, until beef in browned.
Add the cooked beef and all the other ingredients to a crock pot. Cook for 8-10 hours on low.

Sprinkle with parmesan cheese...

Have a cozy weekend...
xo