Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The adventure begins...

Last weekend I headed up to Santa Cruz to meet up with my friend, Julie to take a beginner beekeeping class.
At the end of class, Kathy our teacher opened a bee box to show us first hand what we can look forward to. I can't wait until Spring when I get my bee babies!

Beekeeping Class-1/16/10
Kathy smoking the bees to calm them down a bit before opening the hive...

Beekeeping Class-1/16/10
Prying the box open...

Beekeeping Class-1/16/10
A little more smoke, you don't want angry bees...

Beekeeping Class-1/16/10
Pulling out a frame...

Beekeeping Class-1/16/10
Look at those busy little bees...

Beekeeping Class-1/16/10
Dripping with honey...

I started a new folder on Flickr where I'll put all my photos, if you'd like to follow me on this adventure of beekeeping.

After class, Julie and her hubby Steve showed us (Kurt & I) around town. We ate some yummy Mexican food, walked around, went to some fun stores and pigged out on frozen yogurt and cookies too.
We had so much fun, I'm ready to move to Santa Cruz!
Thanks Julie and Steve for showing us a fun time...
xo