Sunday, November 30, 2008

Moonstones


After Thanksgiving at my dads, we drove up to spend a little time at the beach. One of my favorite things to do is to look for Moonstones at Moonstone Beach. Over the years I have a nice little collection of them. I have heard from the locals that the best time to go hunting for them is after a big storm. Lucky for us, they had a good storm the day before we were there. Look at the size of the ones we found! I felt like I was finding gold nuggets!


The ones on the bottom are average sized. The ones on the top are the ones we found this trip (HUGE)


The male elephant seals are starting to come in now.


Here's a picture of a full grown male. Huge!


Sardines anyone?

Then I "I spyed" Anthony taking pictures...
Who "I Spyed" me taking pictures of him...