Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Steampunk


This months theme at ABS was "Full Steam Ahead" (Steampunk)
So I headed over to Wikipedia to get some ideas (I have never heard of steampunk)

This is the piece I came up with..."The Hands of Time"
I started with copper sheet metal. Stamped a design into it. I then made a bezel and filled it with found objects...old computer parts, old watch gears and face, vintage typewriter key and porcelain doll arms. Then filled the piece with resin. It was fun trying something so different (at least for me)

I have lots of fun things happening over the next couple weeks.
Another bead artist and I did a challenge together. We picked a theme and we both made beads. So those will be going on ebay (next week)

I have my annual Toys for Tots beads coming up.

Plus, I've been working on some new beads, which I'm excited to show you (next week)

I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!