Saturday, September 17, 2011

Soups on!

A few weeks ago I joined Lori's Bead Soup Blog Party.
Everyone got paired up and we exchanged our beads (A focal bead, a clasp and a few spacer beads)
My partner was Wendy Blum  (you might remember I sent her this soup mix)
She sent me this amazing Peruvian Amazonite focal, silver toggle, pearls and crystals.
Once I received my soup mix, I knew I had to make something with an ocean theme.

Bead Soup mix that Wendy Blum sent me! The Peruvian Amazonite pendant is so much prettier in person! I love it!

So off to the studio to make some "ocean" beads to go with my soup mix...
This is what I made, a Carmel by the Sea Necklace...

beadsoup2011 008

With a seaside glass bezel to hang the focal, a amazonite colored heart and a starfish all wrapped in sterling.

beadsoup2011 013

beadsoup2011 016

beadsoup2011 015

A little glass bottle is filled with beach sand from Carmel California.
(I collect sand from the beaches I visit)

Thanks again to our party host, Lori for putting on such a fun party!
If you'd like to check out all the party goers, here is the list.
Thanks for stopping by...xo