Monday, March 1, 2010

Birthday Getaway

We just got back from a little getaway to the coast.
While there, we had a little excitement...
Around midnight, we heard a loud noise and saw a bright light. We thought it was thunder and lightning...but in the morning we woke to this...

Apparently the water main broke and washed out the road. And the noise? It was from the power pole snapping in half, blowing the transformer. Thankfully there was no house where the pipe broke, as it washed out the hill side...

Saturday we drove down to my dad's house to celebrate his birthday. This year, I made a couple of his gifts. I made him some healthy frozen meals (Diabetic) that I thought he might enjoy. Sesame Orange Beef, Hearty Beef Chili, Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole, Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry, Hungarian Goulash and a batch of those Multigrain English Muffins.

dadbirthday 004 (600 x 450)

I also made him a Hypertufa, like the ones I made last summer, filled with Springy succulents.

dadbirthday 019 (600 x 727)

dadbirthday 016 (600 x 541)

I'll be back in a bit with the new Design of the Month for March.
xo