Monday, February 27, 2012

Kitchen Gadgets

Kurt is a meat and potatoes kind of guy. He also LOVES pasta (homemade pasta)

spaetzle
Spaetzle

Once in awhile I'll make him spaetzle.
It's kind of a pain and messy. So I don't make it very often.
You make the spaetzle dough and push it through a colander that is placed over boiling water.
M.E.S.S.Y.

spaetzle-maker

A couple weeks ago I found this Spaetzle maker
I really didn't think it would work. BUT it works so good!
It's my new favorite kitchen gadget!

Do you have a  favorite kitchen gadget? Inquiring minds want to know!
xo

5 comments:

My Life Under the Bus said...

Have you ever seen a potato ricer??? Same idea but with a "pushing handle" sort of like a very large garlic press...I loves my immersion blender!

Judy in Carefree said...

My favorite kitchen tool is a ceramic knife...cuts through anything and makes beautiful thin slices.

Carole said...

A jar key is my latest favourite. I blogged about it here http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/useful-kitchen-gadget-jar-key.html

Kelly J. R. said...

My favorite gadget is a strawberry huller.
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/chef-n-strawberry-huller/

We have a strawberry patch and I like to freeze a bunch to enjoy during the rest of the year. The huller works great to remove the green topper. It also works really well for tomatoes!

Gay said...

My favorite kitchen gadget is the cherry pitter. It saves so much time and keeps my fingers from getting stained.