Friday, October 22, 2010

Change is a good thing

When your child says your bedroom looks like cave, you know it's time for a change...

Sadly, I wish I would have taken just one before picture, so you know what I started with.
Keep in mind, It had been 15 years sense it had been decorated.
Floral bed spread, Faux finish on the walls, you know the glazes from Ralph Lauren at Home Depot. Mine was in a light olive green. I actually really liked it, it was just dated and I wanted the new room to be simple, a place that made me feel relaxed.

Picking the new color for the walls was a lot harder than I thought...
I wanted the room to be light and airy with a beachy feel. So I decided on a very light blue.
But, after buying 2 different colors of blue (which looked more like a baby nursery) I ended up going with a light gray, which I love...it's perfect.

Then there was our brass bed. I really liked the "bones" of the bed, but I really hated the brass. So I sent it out and had it powder coated black ($60 for the head & foot board)
I decided to only use the headboard this time around.

Here is the after...
Bedroom

Bedroom

Bedroom

Bedroom

Found this pretty wool rug (Target)

Bedroom

The picture (Home Goods) reminds me of the beach where Kurt & I spend a lot of our free time.
The chair, was also a Target.com find. Did I tell you I LOVE Target...

Bedroom

Kurt's childhood oak dresser painted black with new knobs (Target)

Bedroom

Bedroom

Bedroom

This sweet picture above, was a gift from Kurt for our Anniversary. He knows me well, I love it.

Bedroom

And I think Molly approves too...

Quilted Coverlet-Home Goods
Pillow Shams-Target
Bird Branch Pillow-Target
Bed Skirt- Target
Throw-Ikea
Chair-Target
Wool Rug-Target
Beach Picture- Home Goods
Large Floor Mirror- Ikea
Seahorse Print-The Black Apple (Etsy)
Night Stand- Ikea
TV Armoire (old, but I'm thinking of painting it green)

If you could re-do any room in your house, which one would it be?

Bead news...
I have felt somewhat like a dentist over the last few days making lots of teeth.
I have also been working on some new fine silver pieces, so those will be coming to the website soon!
Have a great weekend.
xo