Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bead Soup Party

A few weeks ago I joined Lori's Bead Soup Party.

Everyone got paired up with someone and we exchanged beads (A focal bead, a clasp and a few spacer beads) My partner was Lorelei from Lorelei Designs, she sent me this wonderful selection of beads (soup mix)

beadsoupparty 006 (400 x 203)
The rules, you have to use the focal bead and the clasp.

So now it was time to get cookin'...here is the recipe I came up with...
The rules, you have to use the focal bead and the clasp.

So now it was time to get cookin'...here is the recipe I came up with...

beadsoupparty 022 (550 x 346)

1- Start by adding 1/4 teaspoon Spring Bunny, Green Dream Leaf and Cabbage. Stir over low heat.

beadsoupparty 017 (550 x 353)
2-Add Beach Pebbles and saute' over low heat for 3o minutes.


beadsoupparty 024 (550 x 367)
3-Remove from heat.
Alternating with the freshwater pearls and the amethyst chips, slowly fold into soup.

4-Simmer for 15 minutes over low flame.


5-After 15 minutes, remove from heat. Add a dash whimsy and stir until incorporated. Simmer over low heat for 2 hours.


beadsoupparty 019 (550 x 345)
6-While soup is simmering, place the flower beads on work surface and knead in a little thought. Add the PMC charm, continue to knead. Add mixture to soup and continue to simmer.

This step will take awhile, so be patient.

7-After the soup has simmered for a couple weeks, remove from heat, add a dash sterling beads until dissolved. Garnish with a yummy silver clasp and serve.


beadsoupparty 027 (600 x 699)beadsoupparty 053 (600 x 454)

Bon Appetit

Again I'd like to say thank you to Lorelei for sending me this yummy soup mix and Lori for hosting such a fun party!

And because it's not a party without a Party Favor Give-Away, right?
I'm giving away this Follow your Heart Pendant.

beadsoupparty 047 (450 x 416)
(Sterling Silver & Lampwork Heart Necklace, made by me)

To enter, go ahead and follow this blog by clicking the "follow" on the right. I'll be announcing a winner February 14th.
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you win!
Don't forget to check back by on the the 14th though, to see if you are the winner...
Good Luck!
xo